Canadian Universities are getting priorities from about 1,30,000 international students every year. Their universities offer a rich quality teaching system. Their main attraction is the research & scientific publications. So, your dream might be to become one of the students of any Canadian Universities. To get your Canada student visa, you need to go through some steps.
No Need for a Canada Student Visa if You Own These Factors
- If you are a family or a staff member of a foreign representative in Canada, who is working with the Department of Foreign Affairs, Development Canada, and Trade.
- If you are a member of foreign armed forces.
- If you have an Indian status registered in Canada although you live in another country.
- If you attend a program that overs within six months.
But even after all these, you will still need an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) to fly to Canada.
Get Your Acceptance Letter for a Canada Student Visa
At first, decide on which university you want to apply to and want to admit to. Learn more about the preferred universities and choose the best for you. After being accepted at your chosen Canadian university, you will get an acceptance letter that is the key to your Canada student visa.
Find out the best universities depending on your subject. Take a look at the top best universities in Canada now,
- University of British Columbia
- University of Winnipeg
- University of Toronto
- Athabasca University
- Simon Fraser University
- McMaster University
- York University
Language Proficiency for Canada Student Visa
If you do not come from a native English speaking country, you must have to take some tests to get acceptance from the Canadian universities. These languages are,
- Cambridge English: Advanced
Though this language proficiency skill will not be mentioned on the list of required documents for a Canada student visa, it is an extra advantage for you to have some proof of English fluency.
Finally, Apply for the Canada Student Visa
When you get the acceptance letter from your chosen university, you need to step forward by proceeding the applying procedure. A student visa is generally known as student permit too. Let’s know more about the procedure step by step,
- First, apply online on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website for your Canada student visa. If your country has limited internet access, you can also apply for a student visa on paper.
- Provide an acceptance letter from a university that is recognized by the Canadian government.
- Deliver proof of sufficient financial resources for tuition fees and living expenses to support your studies in Canada.
- You should have no criminal record.
- Submit your clinical records that state you are in good health and complete medical examinations if required.
Prepare all Required Documents for the Canada Student Visa
- A complete application form
- The original acceptance letter from the university
- A valid passport/travel document, which also allows you to return to your home country. But, if you live in the US, this is not necessary.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs with specifications of name and date of birth on the back.
- Proof of financial support during your studies that includes, tuition fee + 833 CAD/month (for all provinces, except Quebec) or tuition fee + 917 CAD/month (Quebec)
- A letter of explanation
- Proof that you paid the study permit fee (150 CAD)
Biometrics Appointment and Interview for Canada Student Visa
Some countries need biometrics requests to have the student permit or visa. So, know in details about your country’s procedure. Then you might have to contact the Visa Application Centre of your country to have your biometrics taken. The biometric fee is 85 CAD. This fee is excluded from the regular visa fee. Some countries do not need this biometrics requests, so they do not need to visit an application center at all.
Important Tips* According to recent visa regulations, if you have a family member working with a work permit in Canada, the application for your study visa will be processed in two weeks. If you wish to continue your studies or if your program has an extension or if you change your school, you may renew or extend your study visa or permit. The student visa expires after ninety days of the end of your studies.
Getting a Canada student visa is tough for some countries. But it is the dream country for many of the students to study in those universities of Canada. So, prepare yourself to apply for a visa fulfilling all the requirements.